– These services are offered through TennCare for those already in a nursing home or those who could benefit from staying out of the nursing home.
– The CHOICES program was formerly known as Medicaid Waiver.
– The program is only available to adults 65 or older, or adults 21 or older with physical disabilities.
– The home care you get through CHOICES works together with the help the patient is already receiving from family and friends in order to help the patient stay in their community longer.
To be in CHOICES:
– Patient’s income cannot be more than $2,022 per month.
– The total value of things the patient owns cannot be more than $2,000, not including the house they live in.
– Patient must require the level of care provided in a nursing home.
– AND patient must qualify for Medicaid long-term care.
– Personal Care: Assistance with bathing, toileting & meal preparation.
– Homemaker services: Help with household chores or errands such as laundry, sweeping, mopping or grocery shopping.