– This is a state-funded program created to help families sustain their efforts to care for older relatives with chronic illness or disability in their homes.
– The Family Caregiver program is available through the Commission and local Area Agency on Aging & Disability.
– There are no income eligibility requirements; however, there is a sliding fee scale based on income.
– Adult family members (age 18 years or older) or other adult informal caregivers providing care to individuals 60 years of age or older; or individuals any age with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.
– Homemaker services: Help with household chores or errands like laundry, sweeping, mopping or grocery shopping.
– Personal care: Assistance with bathing, toileting and meal preparation
– Respite Care